The Top Account Based Marketing Platforms for Small Businesses
by gardenpatch Insights on Apr 13, 2023 9:00:00 AM
As a small business owner, you're probably always on the lookout for new marketing strategies that can help you stand out from the competition and reach your ideal customers. One approach that's been gaining popularity in recent years is account based marketing (ABM).
ABM is a targeted marketing strategy that focuses on a specific set of high-value accounts or customers, rather than casting a wide net and hoping to catch the right fish. With ABM, you identify the companies or individuals you want to do business with, and then tailor your marketing and sales efforts to meet their specific needs and preferences.
So why is ABM important for small businesses? For starters, it can help you make the most of your limited resources. By targeting a select group of high-potential accounts, you can focus your efforts where they're most likely to pay off, rather than spreading yourself thin and trying to appeal to everyone.
ABM can also help you build stronger relationships with your customers and prospects. By customizing your messaging and outreach based on their individual needs and preferences, you can demonstrate that you understand and value them as individuals, rather than just another lead in your pipeline.
In addition, ABM can be highly effective at driving revenue growth. By targeting high-value accounts and delivering personalized, relevant content and messaging, you can increase the likelihood of conversion and win more business from your ideal customers.
Of course, implementing an account-based marketing strategy requires the right tools and technology. That's why we've put together this guide to the top account-based marketing platforms for small businesses. Whether you're just getting started with ABM or looking to take your strategy to the next level, these platforms can help you identify, target, and engage your ideal customers in a more personalized, effective way.
Key features to look for in an ABM platform for small businesses
When it comes to selecting an account-based marketing (ABM) platform for your small business, there are a few key features you should look for. These features can help you target and engage your ideal customers more effectively, streamline your marketing and sales processes, and ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Account targeting and segmentation: One of the key benefits of ABM is the ability to target and engage specific accounts or groups of accounts. Look for an ABM platform that allows you to easily segment your target accounts based on factors like industry, company size, and revenue. You should also be able to create custom account lists and track engagement metrics for each account.
- Personalization and customization: Personalization is a key aspect of ABM, as it allows you to deliver tailored messaging and content to each individual prospect or customer. Look for an ABM platform that allows you to customize your messaging based on factors like job title, industry, and stage in the buyer's journey. You should also be able to create personalized landing pages and content offers that speak directly to the needs and pain points of each account.
- Multichannel engagement: To maximize the impact of your ABM strategy, you'll likely need to engage your target accounts across multiple channels, including email, social media, and digital advertising. Look for an ABM platform that allows you to manage and track all of your outreach activities in one place, and that integrates with your existing marketing and sales tools.
- Account-based analytics and reporting: In order to measure the effectiveness of your ABM strategy, you'll need robust analytics and reporting capabilities. Look for an ABM platform that provides detailed metrics on account engagement, pipeline and revenue impact, and ROI. You should also be able to customize your reporting to match your specific business goals and KPIs.
- Sales and marketing alignment: ABM requires close collaboration between your sales and marketing teams, so look for a platform that facilitates this alignment. You should be able to share account data and insights between your sales and marketing teams, as well as track the impact of your ABM efforts on your overall sales pipeline.
- Ease of use and implementation: Finally, make sure the ABM platform you choose is easy to use and implement, even for small businesses with limited resources. Look for a platform with intuitive workflows and user-friendly interfaces, as well as comprehensive training and support resources to help you get up and running quickly.
By focusing on these key features when selecting an ABM platform for your small business, you can ensure that you're making the most of this powerful marketing strategy and driving growth for your business.
Top account-based marketing platforms for small businesses
If you're a small business looking to implement an account-based marketing (ABM) strategy, choosing the right platform is key to your success. To help you make an informed decision, we've compiled a list of top ABM platforms for small businesses, along with their key features, pricing, and user reviews.
Hubspot:Hubspot is a popular all-in-one marketing and sales platform that offers a robust ABM solution for small businesses. With Hubspot ABM, you can easily target and engage specific accounts, personalize your messaging and content, and track engagement metrics across multiple channels. The platform also offers powerful reporting and analytics capabilities, as well as seamless integration with the rest of the Hubspot ecosystem.
Pricing for Hubspot ABM starts at $1,200 per month for up to 1,000 target accounts, with additional pricing tiers available for larger account lists.
User reviews of Hubspot ABM praise the platform's ease of use and comprehensive feature set, although some users note that the pricing can be steep for smaller businesses.
Terminus:Terminus is a dedicated ABM platform that offers a range of targeting and engagement capabilities, including account-based advertising, personalized content creation, and multichannel outreach. The platform also offers robust analytics and reporting features, as well as integration with popular sales and marketing tools.
Pricing for Terminus starts at $2,000 per month for up to 1,000 target accounts, with additional pricing tiers available for larger account lists.
User reviews of Terminus praise the platform's powerful targeting and personalization features, as well as its user-friendly interface. Some users note that the pricing can be a bit high for smaller businesses, however.
Engagio:Engagio is another popular ABM platform that offers a range of targeting and engagement capabilities, as well as advanced analytics and reporting features. The platform also offers integrations with popular sales and marketing tools, as well as AI-powered account insights and recommendations.
Pricing for Engagio starts at $3,000 per month for up to 1,000 target accounts, with additional pricing tiers available for larger account lists.
User reviews of Engagio praise the platform's advanced features and customization options, although some users note that the platform can be complex to set up and use.
RollWorks:RollWorks is a dedicated ABM platform that offers a range of targeting and engagement capabilities, including account-based advertising, personalized content creation, and multichannel outreach. The platform also offers robust analytics and reporting features, as well as integrations with popular sales and marketing tools.
Pricing for RollWorks starts at $975 per month for up to 1,000 target accounts, with additional pricing tiers available for larger account lists.
User reviews of RollWorks praise the platform's ease of use and comprehensive feature set, although some users note that the reporting and analytics features could be more robust.
Demandbase:Demandbase is an AI-powered ABM platform that uses data and insights to help businesses identify and target their ideal customers. The platform offers a range of targeting and engagement capabilities, including account-based advertising, personalized content creation, and website personalization.
Demandbase also offers account-based analytics and reporting features, allowing businesses to measure the impact of their ABM efforts on pipeline and revenue growth. Additionally, the platform integrates with popular sales and marketing tools, making it easy to align your teams and streamline your processes.
Pricing for Demandbase is not publicly available, but the platform offers customized pricing plans based on your specific business needs.
User reviews of Demandbase praise the platform's ease of use and AI-powered targeting capabilities, with many users noting that the platform has helped them generate more qualified leads and increase their sales pipeline. Some users note that the platform can be expensive, however, and that it may not be the best fit for smaller businesses with limited budgets.
How to choose the right ABM platform for your small business
Choosing the right ABM platform for your small business can be a daunting task. With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start. However, by considering a few key factors and asking the right questions, you can narrow down your options and find the platform that's best suited to your needs.
- Consider your budget: ABM platforms can vary widely in terms of pricing, so it's important to consider your budget before making a decision. Some platforms offer flexible pricing plans based on the number of accounts you're targeting, while others may have a flat monthly fee. Be sure to factor in any additional costs, such as implementation or training fees.
- Evaluate your goals: What are you hoping to achieve with your ABM efforts? Are you looking to increase lead generation, improve pipeline efficiency, or drive revenue growth? Different platforms may excel in different areas, so it's important to have a clear understanding of your goals before making a decision.
- Look for integrations: Many ABM platforms offer integrations with popular sales and marketing tools, such as CRM systems and marketing automation platforms. This can help streamline your processes and ensure that your teams are aligned. Be sure to check which integrations are available and whether they're compatible with your existing tech stack.
- Consider ease of use: ABM platforms can be complex, so it's important to choose a platform that's intuitive and easy to use. Look for platforms that offer user-friendly interfaces, as well as training and support resources to help you get up and running quickly.
- Ask for references: Finally, don't be afraid to ask for references or case studies from other businesses that have used the platform. This can help you get a better sense of the platform's capabilities and how it can be applied to your specific business needs.
By considering these factors and asking the right questions, you can find the ABM platform that's best suited to your small business. Remember, the key is to focus on your specific goals and needs, and to choose a platform that can help you achieve them efficiently and effectively.
Tips and best practices for using ABM platforms effectively as a small business
Once you've selected the right ABM platform for your small business, it's time to start using it effectively to drive results. Here are some tips and best practices to keep in mind:
- Define your target accounts: Before you start using your ABM platform, it's important to define your target accounts. Who are your ideal customers? What industries do they operate in? What are their pain points and challenges? By defining your target accounts, you can ensure that you're targeting the right people and delivering the right messages.
- Personalize your messaging: One of the key benefits of ABM is the ability to deliver personalized messages to your target accounts. Use your ABM platform to create targeted content, such as customized landing pages and emails, that speak directly to the needs and pain points of your target accounts.
- Coordinate your sales and marketing efforts: ABM is most effective when your sales and marketing teams are aligned. Use your ABM platform to create shared goals and metrics, and to ensure that your teams are working together to achieve them.
- Monitor your results: Your ABM platform should offer robust analytics and reporting features. Use these tools to monitor your results and track your progress against your goals. This can help you identify areas where you can improve and optimize your efforts.
- Continuously refine your strategy: ABM is an iterative process. As you monitor your results and gather feedback from your teams and customers, be prepared to adjust your strategy and tactics accordingly. This can help you stay ahead of the curve and drive even better results over time.
By following these tips and best practices, you can use your ABM platform to drive meaningful results for your small business. Remember, the key is to stay focused on your target accounts, personalize your messaging, and coordinate your efforts across your teams. With the right strategy and approach, ABM can be a powerful tool for small businesses looking to drive growth and revenue.
Emerging trends and innovations in ABM
As with any marketing strategy, the world of account-based marketing is constantly evolving. Here are some emerging trends and innovations in ABM that small businesses should be aware of:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: As the amount of data available to marketers continues to grow, the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in ABM is becoming increasingly popular. These technologies can help businesses identify patterns and insights in their data, enabling them to make more informed decisions about their marketing strategy.
- Intent data: Intent data refers to data that shows when a prospect is actively researching a product or service. By leveraging intent data, small businesses can target their marketing efforts to the prospects who are most likely to convert.
- Predictive analytics: Predictive analytics uses machine learning algorithms to identify which accounts are most likely to become customers. By using predictive analytics, small businesses can focus their ABM efforts on the accounts that are most likely to drive revenue.
- Multi-channel campaigns: While ABM has traditionally focused on email and digital advertising, there is a growing trend towards multi-channel campaigns that incorporate tactics such as direct mail and personalized video. By using a variety of channels to reach their target accounts, small businesses can create a more integrated and personalized marketing experience.
- Account-based everything: While ABM originally referred to a specific marketing strategy, there is now a growing trend towards what is known as "account-based everything". This refers to the idea that businesses should align all of their functions, from sales to customer success, around their target accounts. By taking an account-based approach to everything they do, small businesses can create a more cohesive and effective customer experience.
As a small business, keep an eye on these emerging trends and innovations in ABM, so you can stay ahead of the curve and continue to drive results for their business. Whether it's leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, incorporating multi-channel campaigns, or taking an account-based approach to everything they do, there are plenty of exciting opportunities for small businesses to explore in the world of account-based marketing.
Account-based marketing is a powerful strategy that can help small businesses achieve targeted, scalable growth. By leveraging the right ABM platform and following best practices, businesses can effectively identify and engage with high-value accounts, increase sales, and improve overall ROI.
If you're a small business looking to implement ABM, it's important to carefully evaluate your options and choose a platform that meets your specific needs and budget. Don't hesitate to reach out to the vendors for more information or to schedule a demo.
Additionally, if you're looking for guidance on implementing an effective ABM strategy, consider partnering with a growth agency like gardenpatch. Our team of experts can help you develop and execute a comprehensive ABM plan that aligns with your business goals and drives measurable results. Contact us today to find out more.